Thursday 2 November 2006

It's a New Season

If you noticed how late I posted that last blog and also this one (around the midnight hours) it's because I've been a very busy bee lately. This week Kellie, who will be taking over my job, started her training with me at the office.

That's right, it's official! She's taking my job, I'm training her to replace me! Wow, I'm actually training someone to replace me. Which means I'm working myself out of a job. This job. Which means that weeks from now, I won't be working in this job. Wow!

HOW EXCITING!! It's a new season, it's a new day, a season of power is coming my way!

But this training season is oh, so daunting because I never realised just how much I do and know... from nothing, I created and developed many of the systems I use and because I created them from nothing I understand them intimately and now have to explain not just how to use them but how to understand them to someone else, something I've never had to do before. I've been "doing" much of it for so long that now I really do run on autopilot.

In only two days I am beginning to realise how big the task of "passing the baton" on is going to be.

However it's also exciting ~ I can already tell that Kellie is going to be great at this job, and probably even better than me! It will truly be a win-win situation for everyone involved. Yay

No comments: